Autobooks makes it easy for you and your employees to accept payments across multiple iPhones, at the same time, with the use of our standalone Tap to Pay by Autobooks app.
Note: The Tap to Pay on iPhone feature is not available to all Autobooks users. If Tap to Pay is not present in your mobile experience, contact your financial institution to inquire about Tap to Pay.
Things to consider:
Before you begin:
If you are the primary user for your Autobooks account, you must create a sub-administrator user account within Autobooks Settings for yourself in order to access the standalone app. If you wish to set up employees to have access to the app, you must add employees as sub-administrators to your Autobooks account. Click here to skip to the setup steps for additional users.
How our app works:
After you and your small business have enrolled in Autobooks through your financial institution and subsequently enrolled in Tap to Pay on iPhone, your employees can accept payments with the Tap to Pay app on behalf of your business without having access to online banking and your bank account information.
There are no extra terminals or hardware needed, just your employees using an iPhone.
- Download our app from the iOS App Store (Click here)
- Once you've downloaded the app, log in with your Autobooks credentials.
- If you do not have existing credentials, your invite to join Autobooks will contain a temporary password to log in. You will create a permanent one.
- If you've lost your permanent password, click the Forgot Password? link on the app login screen to reset it.
- When you've logged in, you'll be able to start accepting payments using Tap to Pay.
- See the article Using Tap to Pay on iPhone to learn more
Granting employees access to Tap to Pay by Autobooks
In order to allow additional users to access the app, the primary user of the Autobooks account (the person that has login credentials to online banking) must:
- Log in to online banking. Click on either the Send an Invoice or Payment Link button.
- If you are logging in from your mobile phone, click the menu option in the upper right corner of the screen. Select Settings.
- Select the Administrator Profiles tab at the top of the screen.
- Click the Invite administrator button.
- Complete the required fields to set up your new user, then click Save.
The new user will receive an email invitation to set up their password. Once the user has established their password, they can log in and use the standalone app.
NOTE: These new users will NOT be able to log into online banking or be able to access your business banking information.