Once you sign up for Autobooks, we will begin the process of setting up your ability to receive online payments for your business. This process typically takes 1 to 3 business days from the time your account is created until your business is fully enabled for online payments. By fully enabled, we mean your business has the ability to accept both online bank account (ACH) payments as well as card-based (credit/debit) payments.
How the process typically works:
- Begin your Autobooks enrollment:
- You can click either the Send An Invoice or the Payment Link option inside of online banking
- You'll need to accept the Terms of Service within Autobooks. At this time, you'll be able to interact with the Autobooks tools, however you will not be able to start accepting payments quite yet. (If you chose our Send An Invoice tool, you will go through our First Time Invoice experience.)
- When you're ready to begin taking payments through Autobooks, you can either click the pop-up message to complete missing information or click to begin requesting payments.
You'll see a pop-up (similar to the one on the right) in order to complete any missing information and your information will be sent over to Autobooks to complete your request.
- Our onboarding team begins reviewing the information about your business we received when you enrolled in order to approve your business for accepting payments digitally.
- There is the possibility that the team may need to validate some of this information before we can finish the enablement process. Please be on the lookout for a call or voicemail from a member of our Customer Success team to review the information you provided.
- Once information has been verified, you can expect two separate automated emails from Autobooks:
- The first email will let you know that your ability to collect online bank account payments (ACH) has been successfully enabled
- The second email will let you know that your ability to collect card-based payments (credit and debit cards) has been enabled
- After receiving both emails, your account will be fully configured and you'll be able to start accepting online payments!